Collection of Personal Data and Existing Personal Data
Personal data means information provided by you and/or obtained by Sunrider from its related companies and/or any third parties, which is capable of identifying you, directly or indirectly, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Your personal particulars such as your name, NRIC number and all details contained in NRIC, address, contact details (telephone, fax numbers, and email addresses), race, gender, nationality, and photographs/images;
- Details of your company such as the company’s name, address, contact details (telephone, fax numbers, and email addresses), name card, and all details contained in the name card;
- CCTV images/recordings captured at Sunrider’s offices;
- Vehicle registration plate number;
- Marital status and particulars of immediate family members;
- Job designation, employment particulars, employment history, and educational background;
- Purchasing or transactions records;
- Billing information, financial information, banking and credit card information, including your assets and liabilities, if relevant;
- Your Sunrider membership and online account information, including your user name, personalized ID number, and password;
- Personal data collected automatically, which include Internet protocol address (IP address), Internet cookies, type of language used, access time, and such other personal data relevant when you access Sunrider’s websites; and
- Sensitive personal data, which may include your health and medical condition, your medical history, the commission or alleged commission of any criminal offence, and religious beliefs.
Use of Personal Data
Sunrider uses the personal data collected for the relevant Purposes, which may include but are not limited to the following:
- To complete and/or process business and/or commercial transactions with you as well as any other matters directly and indirectly relating to the foregoing or in anticipation of the foregoing;
- To verify your identity;
- To allow entry into Sunrider’s premises;
- For security purposes;
- For communication purposes;
- To keep Sunrider’s records up to date;
- To provide information about Sunrider’s products, services, promotions, marketing activities, and business;
- To provide you with the products and services of Sunrider;
- To improve and develop Sunrider’s products and services;
- To provide assistance and/or training in running your business or any transaction with Sunrider;
- For purposes of the administration, management, and development of Sunrider’s business;
- Any other relevant purposes directly and indirectly related to the above Purposes; and
- To comply with any obligations under the law.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal data collected in relation to the relevant Purposes may be and/or may have been disclosed to, but are not limited to, the following third parties stated herein. We will notify you if we disclose or have disclosed the personal data to a third party other than those stated herein.
- Any company related to Sunrider, including any parent company and subsidiaries of Sunrider along with commonly owned or controlled companies (collectively the “Related Companies”);
- Professional advisers and financial institutions engaged by Sunrider or the Related Companies who are under a duty of confidentiality to Sunrider or the Related Companies;
- Relevant local and government authorities;
- Third party sub-contractors and service providers appointed by Sunrider or the Related Companies to perform the business activities and activities directly and indirectly related to the business of Sunrider or the Related Companies.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside Malaysia
As the servers and storage system of Sunrider and/or the Related Companies may be located outside Malaysia, your personal data may be and/or have been transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction outside Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be and/or have been shared with the Related Companies some of which are located outside Malaysia for the Purposes.
Right of Access to Your Personal Data
Subject to any exception under applicable laws and pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you may at any time hereafter request access to or correction of your personal data, or seek further information from Sunrider by submitting a written request together with a prescribed fee, addressed to Sunrider at the following address:
- Regional Accounting Manager and/or National Business Development Manager
- 304, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax No: 03-42533922
If your personal data is inaccurate, or if you need to update or verify your personal data, please contact Sunrider at the contact information mentioned above. Please include your name, address, ID Number, and/or email address when you contact Sunrider. You shall be responsible for updating Sunrider on any changes to your personal data.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
It is obligatory to provide the personal data requested by Sunrider for the Purposes. In relation to personal data that you have previously furnished to Sunrider, the retention and processing of such data by Sunrider is necessary for the Purposes. If you do not wish to provide the personal data requested, Sunrider will not be able to fulfil the relevant Purposes.
If you would like to limit any aspect of the processing of your personal data, please submit a written request to Sunrider for its consideration. Sunrider has the discretion not to allow the limitation of processing where to do so would impair the carrying out of any of the Purposes stated.
If you have furnished any personal data of a third party such as your family members and sponsors, it is deemed that you have obtained their consent for submission of such personal data to Sunrider and processing of the personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
InterpretationThe original text of this Policy is in English and any interpretation of it will be based on the original English text. In the event of a conflict between different translations of this Policy or any documents or notices related thereto, the original English version will prevail.